Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Musings over a coffee mug

It's funny how the love for writing makes you come up with some pieces that seem like gems to you - atleast at 3 am in the night, they do seem like the best lines ever. 

I was figuring out the text for a personalised coffee mug that I was going to gift Shifu and happened to ping D to help me figure what to write. I had come up with - Music. Books. Food. Coffee. Love = Life.

Some of the lines she gave me ended in me drafting an entire note on the lines of my idea -

The strains of the music leave you spell bound,
The lyrics bring back the memory of a moment - lost or found?
The food in the lone plate is a sight to devour,
The rustling of pages has the sweetest tenor.
The hot cuppa is no more a drink but a warm bear hug,
Just like a quiet moment of love with your fav ones, for at your heartstrings they tug.
So now a sip set my dreams ablaze,
It's everything I want in my happy place -
Music. Books. Coffee. Food. Love = Life :)
Well right now, I'm one happy soul for having come out with that.

Mood : Amazed
Humming : Nothing really, too sleepy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment