Tuesday, June 11, 2013


“It was love at first sight”


“I dunno how, but the next thing I knew, that person became a priority and someone I was deeply in love with.”


“I’ve known him/her for years & I don’t really know how or when we exactly we became so close, but it just happened over time without 
me realising when”

In life, we form relationships, of different kinds with different people. Some stay, some go. But the one constant is, we feel that crazy thing called love. And undoubtedly, some relationships leave an indelible mark on us.
Over the years (I know it sounds like an old wise woman dishing out gyaan, but no, I’m just 20) one thing I’ve experienced is, when it specifically comes to a relationship with a friend or a partner, one can often be indecisive, even fickle, about the status one gives someone, or the amount of importance one gives someone.  How much time is the right amount of time to pronounce that you’re close to someone? After all, some become close to people in a short span of time, while others take their own time to do so cause that’s how they function & sometimes some people just have that wall around them, which can be breached or broken only by a select few.
So far, with the kind of experiences I’ve had, answering this question has probably become easier, but hasn’t exactly resolved it.
There’s been Giree, whom I’ve known for 14 years now & is my best friend from school. I have absolutely no idea how or when we became close. And till date, I’ve no answer as to how we are still so close or comfortable with each other. We’re far from mushy with each other and are more like bros but we have had our moments when we knew just how important we are for each other. I’m at my wacky best with her & even though we don’t get to meet for months at a stretch, I never really feel the distance :D
I have M,AA & Gandhu. Again, known em since I joined college & have been with me through thick & thin. They know all about the crazy stuff I think about & have borne the brunt of my excessive talkative behaviour & tendency to be extremely arbit & mushy in seconds.
With Smalu, it was I who became close to her faster & she who took a long time to get there. With time came the long conversations, the comfort, the secrets and that feeling of being family to each other. And because of that time, when we were finally on the same plane, we had in our hands the most beautiful relationship I’ve ever had with someone. A relationship where both of us accepted each other with our shortcomings & loved each other for the awesome things we brought to the relationship. No matter how things materialise, she is & shall continue to be supremely important for me. And like I’ve said before, I can write pages and pages on her!
Prak isn’t my school/college/building/class friend. I met her through Smalu, when I was preparing for Smalu’s birthday surprise. Before we knew it, we started having these hilarious stupid conversations & that led to a beautiful mad relationship where everything is understood by those looks, the most arbit things are shared without any shyness & where the part of explaining people as to how exactly we became friends is loved.
Then there’s my class group - Uru, Rich, Swap, Shavo, N3, Gau, Ghoda & Namo. Class, office, college all at once can be slightly overwhelming & this is when they come to the rescue! Apart from the fact that we have the most amazing Profs who are a delight to listen to, the fact that our group sits together keeps the class routine from becoming a monotonous task! Lectures have varied from being hilarious to inspiring to just egging each other to be focussed. And the post-class talks are MAD. When the mood is gloomy, this is just the thing that makes me snap out of it & enjoy the moment! We have a surprise planned for everyone’s b'day & the parties involve us cooking for the gang. Could I have asked for more? Hell no!
   Is this it? Nooo! As I write this, I realise just how blessed I am to have so many amazing people in my life! There are so many more people that I want to mention! Shwe & Yash who’ve been my guardian angels in college & have always had my back & become the elder sisters I’ve never had.  Mau, who’s been instrumental into egging me towards living in the moment & who’s fast becoming my go-to person. And on and on and on.
Now, haven’t I had experiences where the relationship took a turn for the worse? Yes of course, but those relationships too gave me some amazing moments, so I’m learning to skip dwelling on the bad parts but cherish them for the times they gave me happiness.
One thing that has been a constant in all the beautiful relationships I’ve had? I haven’t directly jumped headlong into something & felt blind emotions right away. I’ve let the relationship take its own course (sometimes I’ve been able to do that cause the other person took time :P ). Probably that’s why they turned out so well? A common trend has been, I haven’t really understood when I became close. Like they say, love, just happens. You can’t figure out the when, how or why part of it. And that, I believe is what makes it even more beautiful.
Is there a wrong or right amount of time? I doubt it. Instead I’d say, go with the flow and enjoy every moment and phase of the relationship. And like a very important person once told me, “Live in the now ”.
Go out, love someone, get loved , feel the love & fall in love with the finer nuances of this beautiful emotion called love. J

Mood : Thankful & feeling loved
Humming : Truly, Madly, Deeply & Just Remember I Love You

No comments:

Post a Comment