Monday, July 8, 2013

Foooooooooood!!

1 Cream Cheese Bagel
1 Mushroom Delight Bagel
1 Nachos
1 Cajun Chicken Burger
1 BBQ Chicken Burger
1 Brownie


Total = Rs. 403
Unbelieveable?


CA students are thrown to weird ass places for audits and Po &
I were no exceptions. The clients place being located at Sakinaka means we travel to an entirely different continent (or so it seems) on a daily basis. What keeps us going? The fact that there are amazing restaurants to sample in our 4 month fling with this 'Only traffic-No traffic signals' place. That has been a mouthwatering as well as an ' I'm-gonna-have-to-beg-for-money-soon' prospect thanks to the expensive options available.

Being a lover of offbeat places,I've always loved finding out those places very few people know about but which serve the most amazing food. Apart from the food, what becomes a source of delight is taking friends to those places & seeing their faces light up with delight at discovering a new food haven :D

Anyway, back to the topic. So while researching for the options available (Yes, I indeed conducted a thorough detailed research, complete with maps, prices, reviews etc), I came across Samvene. The reviews were fab & the place looked good in the pictures. The website promised to be an English styled cafe/restaurant & offered Bagels,Burgers,Booze & more.

Charged up by the positive reviews, we walked to Samvene and were smiling ear-to-ear from the word GO! We gave a battery of orders & hogged (yes, that would be the word) like pigs!!

Started off with Nachos, crisp,warm, tangy with the perfect dip. Moved on to a Cajun Chicken Burger &  BBQ Chicken burger - The bread was soft, patties were non-oily, sauces were juuust perfect.What's more?It actually had a good amount of filling unlike the burgers nowadays at McD. At Rs. 80 a piece and with such quality, these burgers are gonna steal a good number of McD patrons! I'm a victim (happily so) already.

Then came the Bagels - Cream Cheese Bagel & Mushroom Delight. The bread in both was amazingly dense (and hence quite filling) and the cream cheese spread in the bagel took me to a parallel universe and I emitted a loud moan (much to my embarrassment) cause by then, I was oblivious to my surroundings. The latter dish though was annoyingly yucky and I was glad I had saved a few bites of my Cajun Chicken burger so that I could have a good lingering taste.

After the sumptuous meal, it went without saying that meetha toh banta hai!Chocolate Brownie was our pick!!It wasnt the standard brownie that I've normally eaten. It was different & in Po's words, it was 'Good-different'. A thin, crispy, flaky crust & soft & moist inside. I loved it so much that I picked a few for my Folks & grand dad!

Haaaaaaaaa! That was all that I could exclaim.

Post meal status = 2 students turned into pro bono publicists/advertisers for Samvene.

We came, we ate, we passed out.

In all the excitement of the good spread laid out, this was the only thing I remembered to take a picture of!

2 comments: